Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!! The Revolution (Team and Life)!

2013 Recap

Asheville Half with some of the HPPR Crew
Greensboro Gobbler with some of the HPPR Crew
I think I will call 2013 "The Year of the Runners"!  I could relate this to the tragedy at the Boston Marathon, but personally I ran more this year than any other year.  I also became a running coach as I coached a group of people to their first 5K, PRs on a 5K and PRs for half marathons!  I have enjoyed giving back, and as I have given back my run has become stronger.  I won my first 5K this (OK, it was a really small race and I ran it in 20:08, but a win is a win, right?!?!?)  The High Point Palladium Pub Runners have become a second family.  I used to attend the "Tuesday Night World Championship Ride" at the Greensboro Farmer's Market, but have found more joy and fellowship with the Pub Runners.  "We are a drinking club with a running problem!"  I would say my best, not fastest, but best race this year was the Citizens-Time Asheville Half Marathon.  I paced and coached Jeremy Yeomans all the way through.  I felt fantastic; even did some backwards running up the twisty, turny Mile 9 climb!  All in all, 2013 has been an amazing year!  I will look back at see many fond memories and new lifelong and rekindled lifelong friendships!!

Moving Forward 

If you have been following my blog since the beginning you know that last year I raced Rev3 Williamsburg and had mentioned about applying for their age group team.  Well, I applied in November and discovered that I was selected for the semi-final round which was fifty people out of six hundred applicants.  I had a wonderful phone interview with Carole Sharpless, the team coordinator, that was simply like talking to an old friend.  A few weeks later I received an email from Carole stating I had made it to the final round; needless to say I was dancing around. (Yes, I got the email of the semi-final round at work and danced all up and down my classroom, no I don't have a video of it.)  Well, the HPPR Crew, my mother and I ran the Greensboro Gobbler and as Jeremy was driving us all back I received yet another email from Carole and it stated I had made Team Rev3!!  So, in 2014 I will be racing all events for Team Rev3!!!  I am beside myself with excitement!  (Thanks, Momma Bear aka Carole!)
The First Announcement (There are more of us Crazies!)
A quick update on the job front is that I am STILL teaching theatre at Southwest High.  I was not selected for any administrator positions, but this does not get me down because if I had been I think that late 2013 would have probably turned out very different.  So to those who chose not to select me I want to publicly and say this in a non-sarcastic way: THANK YOU!  Seriously, THANK YOU!!  (Wait until the end of the blog for the REAL reason.)  I will say this, 2014 has some interesting news on the horizon.  Hopefully, all the puzzle pieces will fall into place, but that is an announcement that will have to wait until a future blog.... (Yes, I'll blog once more and not leave y'all hanging for so long)

No comments:

Post a Comment